Prepare Your Home For Spring With Our Top 5 Tips
Spring will be here before you know it! Warmer temperatures are creeping up each week into the forecast which means that many homeowners will need to prepare for spring maintenance throughout the home. We compiled the top five things you can do to get your home ready for warmer weather and save time doing it now so you can spend your weekends relaxing with family and friends!
- Inspect Your Roof – a harsh winter can cause shingles to be knocked off, cracks to open and possible leaks in roof tiles so be sure to hire a professional to take a look at your roof or inspect it for yourself but safety first!
- Deep Clean Carpet and Rugs – This is a great weekend project when the weather is still a little chilly or rainy. Deep cleaning your carpets will get them ready for spring’s arrival, make your house feel cleaner and breathe more easily without all the pollen and dust that was previously trapped in the carpets and rugs.
- Clean The Gutters – Gutters can see a lot of damage in the winter months from heavy snow and ice fall. Make sure there are no blockages so water can run through spouts easily and check for any cracks or dents that need to be fixed before the rainy spring weather hits.
- Check Your AC – Just because your air conditioner is cooling your house down, it doesn’t mean that it’s working efficiently. Schedule a service or tune up for your AC unit to ensure it can run on full blast for the whole summer with no mishaps.
- Bring in Lighter Fabrics – Many times in the winter heavier blankets, curtains, comforters and clothes are needed to stay extra warm. But as the weather starts to heat up, take the time to switch out blankets with sheets, thinner curtains and light weight comforters as well as switching clothes from winter to spring. This will also bring the hope that winter is finally nearing the end!
These tips will help you get ahead of the curve when you’re preparing to welcome spring!
Call us today to help you make the transition to the spring season easier!
- - 5 Reasons Why You Need a Programmable Thermostat For Your Home
- - Prepare Your Home For Spring With Our Top 5 Tips
- - 5 Tips for Saving Money and Energy This Holiday Season
- - How many gallons of oil will you use this year?
- - How efficient systems cut fuel bills for this winter
- - It’s Not Too Late
- - Fall Energy E-Newsletter 2017