Energy Saving Tips for the Summer
We all enjoy the warm summer months, but we may not all enjoy the higher electric bill that comes with it. We want to share some energy saving tips with you that can help keep some money in your wallet this summer.
- Opening your windows on cool summer nights will keep you from having to use the air conditioner
- Keep your curtains closed during the day, keeping the sun out will keep your home cooler
- Instead of using your oven to cook every day, consider using your grill and keeping that extra heat from cooking outside
- Seal holes and cracks around your doors and windows, this will help keep the cool air inside
- Hang your laundry outside to dry instead of using the dryer
- Collect rain water to use to water your plants instead of using water from your house
- When you’re not at home, turn your thermostat back. The less of a temperature difference between indoors and outdoors, the lower your cooling bill will be.
Enjoy the summer and save some extra money by following these summer tips!
- - Energy Saving Tips for the Summer
- - Cooling Season Newsletter 2017
- - Supporting the growing Lehigh Valley economy: BEHIND THE LIST WITH JIM APGAR OF APGAR OIL ENERGY & HVAC
- - Bioheat Case Study
- - How to Stay Ahead in the A/C Season
- - What are the Benefits of a Service Plan for Heating & Cooling Equipment?
- - What is Bioheat? And is it Better Than Heating Oil?