Energy Saving Tips for the Summer
We all enjoy the warm summer months, but we may not all enjoy the higher electric bill that comes with it. We want to share some energy saving tips with you that can help keep some money in your wallet this summer.
- Opening your windows on cool summer nights will keep you from having to use the air conditioner
- Keep your curtains closed during the day, keeping the sun out will keep your home cooler
- Instead of using your oven to cook every day, consider using your grill and keeping that extra heat from cooking outside
- Seal holes and cracks around your doors and windows, this will help keep the cool air inside
- Hang your laundry outside to dry instead of using the dryer
- Collect rain water to use to water your plants instead of using water from your house
- When you’re not at home, turn your thermostat back. The less of a temperature difference between indoors and outdoors, the lower your cooling bill will be.
Enjoy the summer and save some extra money by following these summer tips!
- - 5 Reasons Why You Need a Programmable Thermostat For Your Home
- - Prepare Your Home For Spring With Our Top 5 Tips
- - 5 Tips for Saving Money and Energy This Holiday Season
- - How many gallons of oil will you use this year?
- - How efficient systems cut fuel bills for this winter
- - It’s Not Too Late
- - Fall Energy E-Newsletter 2017